Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

MTBF/MTTF of Intel Xeon processors

HugoCoppejans
Beginner

Good day,

My team is currently tasked with creating a redundancy policy (ie spares) for computer hardware that is expected to run >20 years. We will be using server grade hardware with the top of the line Xeon processors at the time of commissioning (>2 years in the future). 

To get a ballpark estimate for the number of parts to keep as spares, I need to get the MTBF/MTTF of Intel Xeon processors. From previous posts it would seem this information is protected by NDA.

Is this still the current policy, and if so, how can I request the information?

~Hugo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioS_Intel

Hello HugoCoppejans,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

I understand that you need an MBTF for your Intel(R) Xeon® processors. We would be more than glad to assist you with your request.

Intel does not make MTBF information available for Xeon® Processors. Processors are not repairable products. Instead, Intel makes FIT information available but only to customers with Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place.

Please help us by providing some additional information:

1. Model of the Intel(R) Xeon processors.

2. Do you have an NDA with Intel? If not let us know so we can send you a private message requesting additional information.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello HugoCoppejans,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

I understand that you need an MBTF for your Intel(R) Xeon® processors. We would be more than glad to assist you with your request.

Intel does not make MTBF information available for Xeon® Processors. Processors are not repairable products. Instead, Intel makes FIT information available but only to customers with Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place.

Please help us by providing some additional information:

1. Model of the Intel(R) Xeon processors.

2. Do you have an NDA with Intel? If not let us know so we can send you a private message requesting additional information.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios 

0 Kudos
HugoCoppejans
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for the reply, the FIT data will be perfect.

1) If possible I would like to request the FIT data for the following processors:

2) I do not have an NDA with Intel. Please send me the email or private message with a list of the required information.

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,

Hugo

0 Kudos
Hiroshi
Beginner

Hello Mr. Sergio,

I'm Hiroshi Hasegawa of EIKEI Japan Co., Ltd.

Our customer needs Xeon Gold 6226R MTBF or FIT.

Please let me know how should I do to get it, we dot have NDA yet.

Thanks and Best Regards,

/////////////////////////////////////////

<REMOVED>

/////////////////////////////////////////

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello HugoCoppejans,

We have sent you an email requesting additional information in order to start your NDA request.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos