Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

MeshCommander 0.6.3 remote desktop nuc with w7 professional x64bits

jcast181
Beginner

Hi ...

I have installed Mesh commander 0.6.3 it on a computer with windows 7 since a mini pcs calling system with intel v10 has been implemented in my workplace.

Currently, I have added more than 60 mini-pcs.

They are brand plexus with intel v10 ...

But 9 of them have been installed with professsional windows7 and when I try to access them with remote desktop it gives me timeout ...

However, about 58 computers with the same hardware but with the fedora linux distribution, I can access by remote control without problems and restart them and interact with the desktop ...

I would have to configure some parameter in the mesh commander or in the minipcs with w7 professional to be able to access by remote control and interact in the desktop as with the linux (fedora)? ....

A thousand thanks...

0 Kudos
25 Replies
jcast181
Beginner

Hi again, I have finally managed to access the computers with w7 with mesh commander without installing accu config on the client computer ...

I have spoken in the bios intel mebx ... And I've enabled kvm ...

Now I agree with mess comander to the nucs, I no longer get a timeout error ... I can with power actions reset, and turn off ...

But I just need to interact with the client operating system, when I move the mouse and pulse, it does not run anything on the computer, it's as if kvm does not work,

I'm connected but it seems that in view only ...

I would appreciate some help if it is messenger configuration, the first time I connect to the computer with w7, I enable kvm and bidirectional port ...

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kiketoboso,

Let us review your case, I will reply back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Hi. I am Ylian, the author of MeshCommander. I was just told about this message thread and wanted to help. Two notes:

If you get a timeout error when connecting with MeshCommander, I generally suggest using a browser and trying to connect to http://amtmachine:16992 or https://amtmachine:16993 and see if you get a web page. If you don't, Intel AMT is not activated or you are trying to access the computer on a network interface that is not support by Intel AMT.

When connecting to Intel AMT KVM, if the mouse and keyboard do not work, it's generally because Intel AMT will make a USB device show up for the OS to use to get mouse/keyboard input. If the OS does not load the drivers, the input will not work. Best is to go in the "Device Manager" of Windows using a real mouse while Intel AMT KVM session is active and see if you can get the input driver to load. You generally only need to fix this once, it will work after that.

Hope it helps,

Ylian

0 Kudos
jcast181
Beginner

Ufff me siento alagado...

Mil gracias por toda la ayuda que estoy recibiendo...

Efectivamente en cuanto he habilitado mebx en los equipos llego correctamente a los equipos con w7 y en 3 de los 9 me funciona el raton y puedo interactuar correctamente...

Probaré a poner un teclado y ratón por usb en los 6 que fallan y comentaré los resultados...

Maravillosa aplicación es una gozada ver arrancar la bios de forma remota y poder encender equipos que están apagados...

Mil gracias por toda la ayuda recibida.

0 Kudos
jcast181
Beginner

Ufff I feel flattered ...

A thousand thanks for all the help I'm receiving ...

Effectively, as soon as I have enabled mebx on the computers, I get the computers correctly with w7 and in 3 of the 9 the mouse works and I can interact correctly ...

I will try to put a keyboard and mouse for usb in the 6 that fail and I will comment the results ...

(Effectively after as administrator of the machine I updated mouse and keyboard physically connected by usb ....

Restart computer and respond correctly to keyboard and mouse in mess commander, thank you)

Wonderful application is a joy to see start the bios remotely and power equipment that are off ...

A thousand thanks for all the help received.

I have 2 teams with w7 with a rare case, one of them in mebx does not appear the user consent line, so every time I connect I ask for confirmation key ...

And in another of them that does not work http with the indicated ports, with which amt should not be good in bio, I will continue reviewing ...

0 Kudos