Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Motherboard buzzer consistent beeping

ShellyP
Beginner

System: Intel Server Board M10JNP2SB

Type: x64-based pc

Processor: Intel Xeon E-2124G CPU 4-cores

Bios: American Megatrends V7.217 2/14/22

SMBIOS version 3.2

My server last week started making long beeping sounds, coming from the motherboard buzzer.

It seems inconsistent, whether it's 3 seconds or up to 20 seconds. It's also progressively gotten worse, where it's almost constant. I had the builder of the server run every diagnostic tool he has, and insists that there is nothing wrong with the components and everything is up to date.

It is specifically when we connect it to a database program that we need to use that the beeping happens. If it's not connected to that database, it does not beep. Nothing we know of has changed in the last few months, and the program owners state that they have no idea why it would happen.

Help??? I'm going insane. I've tried a couple ways to disable the beep feature and nothing I've tried does anything.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShellyP
Beginner

Thank you so much for following up! We were able to see that it was one of the fans causing the issue. I very much appreciate your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, ShellyP.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your thread regarding this particular server board noise, and I will be assisting you with this.

Please let me know if you can try the following:

1) Enter BIOS

2) Select the Advanced Option

3) Select the Hardware Health Configuration

4) Select BMC Alert Beep

5) Press F4 to exit saving changes

This should take care of this type of notification, and it does not actually indicate a problem with the system, this is why they could not find anything wrong with it.

Please let me know, and I will follow up on June 17th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, ShellyP.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if everything is working fine.

If you have any questions regarding my previous message, or if we can help with anything else, please let me know.

I will follow up on June 21st in case additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
ShellyP
Beginner

Thank you so much for following up! We were able to see that it was one of the fans causing the issue. I very much appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, ShellyP.

I'm really glad to hear that you got this resolved.

I will proceed to close this thread right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us back using any of the available support methods.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos