Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Need Full access to RCW3 in order to configure my Intel Raid Controlller (RS3WC080)

FCyr0
Beginner

Hi, i bought this raid card a week ago and i can't configure anything.

1: there is no Press Ctrl + something at post screen.

2: So i downloaded and installed the RCW3 software to be able to configure the Raid Card. The problem is: No matter the user i use, i am always in "Read Access"... i cannot get "Full access" to configure the Raid Controller.

The first time i installed the software, the computer was joined to my local domain.

I used the Domain admin User / Password. : Read Access

I used the local admin user / Password: Read access

Then, I removed the computer from the domain, I uninstalled the software and rebooted the computer.

I re-installed the software with the local Administrator Account.

At logon, i used the Administrator account: Still Read Access.

I tried to install the software with Standalone and Gateway options... Still read access.

I seriously don't know what to do.

Things that could help:

I am using windows 10 pro X64.

The MB (Aorus Z390 Elite) does have onboard Intel RAID and is used to mirror my OS drive (Conflict?)

The controller is plugged in the PCIe X16 slot.

The controller is detected and i can see my HDD connected to it.

Please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello FCyr0,

Thank you for joining the community

At least in Intel server boards you want to disable the onboard software RAID controller to have full access for the hardware RAID controller. You can disable it in BIOS and make sure you can see both the RS3WC080 card and the HDDs attached to it. As an advice try to use different HDD than the current ones with the OS so you won't loose any of the current RAID configuration when disabling the onboard RAID.

Hope this helps

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello FCyr0,

Do you have any further details, updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue?

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello FCyr0,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos