Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Need to replace a RS2WC040 with a RS2WC080. Any way to transfer the config?

JWall16
Beginner

Have a server that needs a new drive set. Would like to preserve existing arrays. Is there a good mechanism for doing so?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_A_Intel

The metadata, which contains information about the disks, partitions, and volumes create, is stored on the drives.

Since you are replacing the controllers for the same family, you should be able to power down the server, remove the original controller, and install the new controller and power back up the system.

At this point, you should go to the Intel® RAID BIOS Console to confirm that all settings were successfully imported.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel

The metadata, which contains information about the disks, partitions, and volumes create, is stored on the drives.

Since you are replacing the controllers for the same family, you should be able to power down the server, remove the original controller, and install the new controller and power back up the system.

At this point, you should go to the Intel® RAID BIOS Console to confirm that all settings were successfully imported.

0 Kudos
JWall16
Beginner

I appreciate it. Was hoping it would be something like that but wanted to factor in all potential options and did not find that distinctly stated. Whoever set this up did not configure the Web Console so I only have the BIOS Console to refer to so I figured I may as well inquire as to all possibilities.

0 Kudos