Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Need to swap out SCM ...

RImpe
Beginner

ssWe have an Intel Modular Server, Model MFSYS25V2 and I will be replacing the SCM for this unit on Tuesday Morning and have a couple of questions:

1) Once our virtual Network servers are shut down, I was told that I need to go into the Modular Server Control web page and shut down the Servers under system. If our Virtual Network servers are shut down, how will I be able to get to the Modular Server Control web page? will I still be able to access it through the ip address of 10.10.1.10?

2) Once the swap is made and I power up the Modular Server how do I get to the Modular Server Control Web page to start the servers again? The answer to question one most likely answer this question but I do want to ask just in case it is different.

I was assuming that once the Intel Modular Server was powered up the servers would power up as well however when I was talking to the tech support person the other day he told me the steps to take to swap out the SCM. I was not thinking about once the virtual servers were powered off how do I get into the Modular Server Control web page to ask him this question and today is Sunday they are not there to answer the question and I would like to swap out the SCM tomorrow morning.

a little information that might help out on answering the questions:

we have 2 domain controllers. DNS set up on them.

SonicWall router DHCP and gateway set up on this unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As Always, thanks,

Robin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

The Modular Server Control web page runs on the CMM, and it isn't dependent on compute modules. So answers to your both questions are Yes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RImpe
Beginner

I do want to mention that a couple months back we had a power failure that lasted about 3 hours. Everything shut off once the UPS battery died. When the power came back on, I did not do anything to start the Modular Unit, the compute modules (server) or the virtual servers. so now I am wondering if I have to go into the Modular Server Control and start the Compute Modules. anyone out there know?

thanks again.

Robin

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

The Modular Server Control web page runs on the CMM, and it isn't dependent on compute modules. So answers to your both questions are Yes.

0 Kudos
RImpe
Beginner

Thank you Edward.

Plans changed so I did not swap out the SCM this morning we are hoping to do it tomorrow moring.

0 Kudos