Hallo, I have problem with performance on Intel Nics in network temaing. Team is 802.3ad type, switch is capable of this type of temaing ( Linksys 48port full gigabit ), and network bandwith is poor. I try it with and without the rest of our lan ( only one pc, one switch, server and three patch cables ). I try another type of teaming and it is the same. With broadcom chipset it work good ( trnsfer rate 60 -120 GB/s ). Whats the problem ?
I cannot tell exactly why you are not getting the performance you expect. Here are a few references and ideas that might help.
- Check the "Teaming Notes" section of the release notes to see if any of the notes or known issues applies to your team.
- Make sure you install the latest version of drivers and software. You can find the latest at http://support.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-006120.htm Drivers and software for Intel® Gigabit and PRO/1000 Network Adapters.
- Make sure the switch has the latest firmware.
- You might also make sure the firmware is up-to-date on your motherboard because that can sometimes affect the network connections.
- If the team includes an Ethernet connection on the motherboard, try using only add-in adapters in the team to see if that helps.
- See the last two sections of http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-025829.htm Network adapter throughput performance considerations on teaming and performance testing.
- The http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=11848 User Guide has some information on teaming and troubleshooting.