Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

No video but server is running - blinking lights on keyboardCame in this mor

RHerr4
Beginner

Came in this morning and the server is up and running. There is no video output. The keyboard lights are blinking in a pattern. 2 blinks - pause - one blink - pause - repeat. Keyboard, mouse and monitor all test good. I'm hesitant to reboot.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Rob,

In order to better assist with your problem, please help us by providing the following information:

Model of the Intel(R) server board.

Model of the Intel(R) processor:

The part number of the memory:

Is this a new installation or does your system was working before?

What troubleshooting have you tried in order to fix this problem?

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
RHerr4
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

Intel Server Board is S1200BTL Version E98681-352

Intel Processor is Xeon CPU E3-1230 v2

Can't seem to get the part number of the ram. I ran CPU-Z and Speccy and all it gives me is DDR3, Dual Channel and 32GB

OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit SP1

Actual Server is R1304BTLSHBNR so it was a bare bones unit in a 1U enclosure.

I am able to RDP into the server as it is still running flawlessly. I checked the video driver and its dated 2010, so no recent updates. I checked for updates and there was none.

I checked the event log and there is nothing unusual.

The server is using onboard video (but obviously its not working).

I found a section in the service manual that discusses add-in video adapters. In regard to disabling onboard video it says:

Warning: System video is completely disabled if this option is disabled and an add-in video adapter is not installed.

Could be that I just need to reset the CMOS.

I have purchased the smallest PCIe VGA card I could find and a flexible cable to install it in case the PCI riser card is not on the MB.

Any thoughts?

Rob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rob,

The interactive technical support for the Intel® Server Board S1200BTL you have requested has been https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006172/server-products.html discontinued. We can provide you with resources and self-service support information through our website.

Now, in regards to your problem, it might be that VGA port of your board is defective, please try using an external video card.

We highly suggest that you get information from the technical product specification site and all available technical information is included on the https://ark.intel.com/products/53557/Intel-Server-Board-S1200BTL support site.

I am going to proceed and move your thread to the Discontinued Products Community, so you can get recommendations from fellow community members.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos