Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Noise level of FXX1600PCRPS in server P4304CR2LFKN?

idata
Employee

I can't seem to find any specifications for the loudness of the fans in the P4304CR2LFKN.

I'm looking to build a workstation that I would keep under my desk. It would hold a tesla k20 and two e5-2695's for scientific computing (number crunching).

It would need to be located in the office with me and noise is obviously a non-starter as we shop for options.

I like the W2600CR2 but searching high and low and I cannot find any noise specs for the air fans in P4304CR2LFKN or FXX1600PCRPS.

Could someone please help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

The system documents only mentioned the highest level:

Acoustic Sound Power Measured: Server/Rack Mount BA 7.0

Actual noise level depends on room temperature and system loading. I can only say in normal state this system is very quiet.

0 Kudos
NAbou
Beginner

I am sure you are having the same issue of mine with this LFKN server series.

IT is really weird that Intel did not provide a strait forward answer for this issue which it is standing on most of the server/workstation series.

Actually I have downloaded and tested firmware version S2600IP_W2600CR_EFI_BIOS02030003_ME020107328_BMC0120r5446_FRUSDR0112 which should solve this fan noise and speed but it did not solve this fan noise issue.

I hope Intel would read this post again and lead us to the proper solution.

Note that the website of Intel is now better but some information of technical support and download links are hidden somewhere if compared by the old website links.

Thanks for answering back if possible.

Nidal

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

Check the SEL log for fan or temp events.

I use one of these at my desk and can hardly hear it.

0 Kudos