Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

OS doesn't boot after replacing CMOS battery on S2600CP server motherboard

Koroljov
Beginner

Dear Intel,

The following problem occurred with my S2600CP motherboard. It recently reported an error during the boot due to low CMOS charge. I replaced the battery with the correct one (CR2032). The error has disappeared, but OS ( Windows 10 Pro ) has not been able to boot since then. A BSOD appears at boot time. I'm afraid the BIOS has been reset to default settings after replacing the battery and this is causing IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error BSOD.
I tried to choose a different mode in the Mass Storage Controller Configuration BIOS settings. I switched from AHCI to RAID Mode, it didn't help.
I tried to solve the problem with new bootable USB Windows 10 installer, unfortunately it doesn't boot with Rufus created  installer either. (I created bootable USB with settings - Partition scheme MBR). So I can't even reinstall Windows.

I looked the boot options in the boot menu, there the motherboard don't want to start OS from exact partition where it is installed. I have two partitions, one of them is a SSD (on these is installed OS, and the second is a HDD).  I pull out the HDD that does not have OS on it, so on the motherboard only the SSD on which OS is installed is connected, then BOOTMGR MISSING writes an error message at boot.

What configuration errors might I have in the BIOS?
I looking forward to your help. 

Thanks in andvance. 

Best regards. 

Jozef Nagy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Paul_R_Intel

Hello Koroljov,

Thank you for joining the community  

The Intel® Server Board S2600CP Family and the associated spare parts and accessories have been discontinued. This info is also to inform you that support for the said products has been switched to self-service support.  

The available self-service support options include:  

• Technical support content available online.  
  • Warranty service through the Warranty Center.  
  • Support and services for members of the Intel Channel Program through the Intel® Reseller Center.  

You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. :  

You can find the product information and support status at the following link:  

Intel Customer Service Agents no longer respond to telephone, chat, community support forum, or email inquiries for self-service products. We will proceed to mark this thread as closed, other members may still provide further help, thank you for choosing Intel.  

Regards,  

Paul R.   

Intel Customer Support Technician   

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:   

https://intel.com/support/serverbios   

0 Kudos