Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

OS installation fails on raid 5 mode

SThak1
Beginner

We have created raid 5 through hardware controller in the server. and installed the Ubuntu OS and even Windows 10 in the array. it gets installed successfully , but the server doesn't boot next time after the restart as it does not shows the array or HDD to boot in the boot menu.

Please help on this.

Below is the hardware details. Intel RS3DC040 Hardware controller Supermicro X11SSL-F Motherboard Toshiba 4 TB SAS HDD * 4

Windows 10 version trying to install is Windows 10 and we have also tried the new version.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SergioS_Intel
Hello SThak1, Please help us proving more additional information: Have you trying testing another SSDs? When you restart the system are you getting an error message? I additionally, recommend checking the list of tested components for the Intel RS3DC040 here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/12gb_megaraid_rs3dc080_rs3dc040_thol_10.pdf Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello SThak1, I am following your question and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SThak1
Beginner

We are not getting any error,

We have created raid 5 with the 4 hdd and we did the os installation as well but as soon the windows restarts for the first time the boot menu doesn't show any array or hdd. we can repeat this process after the deleting raid array and creating new one.

We haven't tried other ssds. and it is compatible with board as we have supplied it before.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivam

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello SThak1, As first troubleshooting recommendation, please try to test the raid controller on a different server board. Additionally, make sure that you have the latest firmware of your RAID controller, you can find more information here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/77347/Intel-RAID-Controller-RS3DC040. Finally, check if your server board has the latest firmware. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello SThak1, I am following your question and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello SThak1, I am following your case and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello SThak1, Please contact us back in case you need more assistance. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos