Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

Operating Systems

idata
Community Manager

Hi there;

I've got a huge problem here. I just purchased a new laptop, took it home & guess what not 1 program or hardware is compatible with Windows 7.

I often wonder why these things are even built. Win 7 what ya buy new & ya still have to buy more, well guess what I took it back, loaded VISTA 64bit

& no more problems.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Ron,

If you don't get any help here in the Intel® Server Room Ask An Expert community, you may want to try asking your laptop manufacturer for assistance.

Regards,

John

idata
Community Manager

Well thk you John S @ intel;

I have gone to the manufacturer, outlet where I bought it from, microsoft, gateway, etc.....

I don't know what the problem is but microsoft better get their stuff in a row; I can't believe this myself.

No support at all for a new laptop. I'm not the only 1 either; I have met others who have these type of concerns.

I figured 'new' means support! I guess what it really means is 'thks for your cash' & 'leave'. It's not a way to treat

potential clients. When I went to the manufacturer they told me point blank. You bought a $800 laptop, now you need to buy about

$800 -$1000 of hardware to make it work. What! I mean if that's what needs to be done well take the F****in thing back.

I guess maybe they thought that remark would fly. But any way I've still got the problems & well what do I do now?

Still working on it but sooner or later I will go to a MAC.

idata
Community Manager

Ron,

I guess my real point was that I don't know what we (Intel) or the community participants here can provide for you. Especially since this is a support community for Intel server products.

Personally, if it was me that had this occur, I would ask to have my issue escalated to the next level of support from the manufacturer until I got some sort of resolution. I have no idea what additional hardware a new laptop may require to run Windows 7, or any operating system. Laptops are usually pretty self-sufficient the way they come. There's not much you can add except for peripheral devices. Memory maybe?

Best of Luck,

John