Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

P2P (Local Peer-to-Peer) on Intel X58 IOH

nathow
Beginner
What minimal combination of registers need to be set/unset in order for P2P to be enabled on this chipset?  How can one test that the same is correctly configured on some given host system?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

nathow, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello nathow, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
nathow
Beginner

I do.  I tried with the HPC group, but apparently no-one was able to help--though it really is an HPC question.  Are you familiar with the details behind P2P?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

nathow, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

It depends, in order to confirm that we first need to know the information requested previously, depending on the system or platform being used we might be able to assist you with this topic or if it is necessary we will transfer your case to the proper department but we need to know all those details first.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello nathow, I just wanted to check if you were able to gather the information requested previously so we can further assist you?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
nathow
Beginner

The OS is not Windows.  Your request above seemed to imply a Windows OS.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

nathow, Thank you very much for clarifying that information.

In that case, what is the complete model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Which specific Linux* version are you using?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello nathow, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello nathow, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos