Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Platform(s) for memory validation

BrianStark
Beginner

I've just started managing a memory Validation team, I am somewhat new to validation, I come from the firmware design side so I have worked with my new team closely in the past.  I need to update our equipment for the newest designs that will need validation.

I need to do DDR4 memory design validation at 3200 speed.  I would like to use the RMT tools.  We design DIMM modules in multiple form factors.  Specifically I have a need a platform that supports SODIMMs at 3200 speed. 

At the highest speeds adding adapters/interposers can affect the reliability of the validation/verification, but it isn't feasible to buy a whole new setup for every design that needs to be validated/verified.

I understand that in order to get complete coverage of our designs I may need to purchase multiple platforms, but I would like to get the most flexible and open systems such that I can get the most coverage for the least number of systems.

We have used CRBs in the past for validation WolfPass etc., but we have also used third party platforms.  Intuitively I would expect Intel CRBs to be the latest as most of the third party platforms we have used were based on Intel CRBs.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look? 

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello BrianStark,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you with your request, our recommendation is to contact a FAE (Field Application Engineer) who can provide assistance for this kind of test.

You may also visit our Resource & Design Center (Technical Resources for Designers, Engineers, and Developers).

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html

It's worth mentioning that if you can not contact a FAE, you can try to contact Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers and ask for a FAE who may assist you with this request.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello BrianStark,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
BrianStark
Beginner

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your reply and follow up.  I am still looking into my options and I have not got around to following the links your provided in order to make contact with an FAE.  I fully intend to go down that path, but I have a couple of pressing support issues right now that is taking up most of my time.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello BrianStark,

Thank you for your response. 

If you previously had access to CRB’s from Intel you might be able to get in touch with an FAE who can assist you with this testing request or by contacting the Intel Resource & Design Center you might be able to get more assistance regarding this inquiry.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
BrianStark
Beginner

Hi Adrian,

My attempts at getting in contact with an Intel FAE have been totally unsuccessful.  I tried to open a support ticket, but the response I got made it obvious I was not going to the right place.  I know my predecessor had established a relationship with Intel, but I have been unsuccessful in finding that relationship and re-establishing it.  I just need to find the correct contacts.  We are currently using Wolfpass, but want to upgrade our platforms to get ahead of the cycle.  Could you provide me a link that you know is the right place for my question?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos