Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Power supply for m10jnp2sb

jifrederick
New Contributor I

I have it ready to go, but my conventional pc power supplies don't make it go.  They have the 12 and 8 pin connectors that match those on the board.  No on-board led near the On button lights up.  Do I need some sort of special power supply?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello jifrederick,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

We do recommend using a power supply from the Chassis Compatibility List for the Intel® Server Board M10JNP Family:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055644/server-products/server-boards.html

Additionally, the server board includes two power connectors labeled “PWR1” and “PWR2” and both must be connected to power for the server board to boot correctly.

Feel free to check the user confguration guide here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/m10jnp2sb-user-guide.pdf

Finally, can you please share with us more information about your system configuration? i.e. Processor model and memory part number.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

Scratch the power supply question.  I wasn't getting the big connector fully seated.  I'm up and running  except:

1.  I don't see my disk list in the BIOS

2.  The RST installer didn't give me a desktop shortcut and it's not listed under INTEL in the app list.

I was able to start it from the Run box.  I gave it a working RAID1 set, but the rescan didn't find it.

Previous RSTs saw both RAID and non-RAID drives.  Can I get some documentation on this new version and also for BIOS?  They don't show on the web site under Downloads?

Thanks very much for your help.

John Frederick

0 Kudos
Vince2766
Novice

I have a Intel m10jnp2sb Server board with a Xeon E-2278G / 3.4 GHz processor.   

I have an ATX Case -  Fractal Design Node 804 No Power Supply MicroATX Cube Case FD-CA-NODE-804-BL, Black 

with a Power Supply - Seasonic FOCUS PX-850, 850W 80+ Platinum Full-Modular, Fan Control in Fanless, Silent, and Cooling Mode, Perfect Power Supply for Gaming and Various Application, SSR-850PX

I have 64GB of the required DIMM outline for this board.  

I have everything connected properly.   The problem I am seeing is the server turns on, but it makes a few clicking sounds without drives hooked up, and flashes / blinks constant Green Lights on the board and one of the PCI-e 3.0 x8 card I have in one of the PCI slots. 

Can someone please assist me if this is a Power Supply problem or a bad motherboard?   

Respectfully,

Vince

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I have an E-2278G and a Samsung memory from your list.  The board has the 2x10 and 2X4 connectors that all my other boards have although it seems to be much harder to get the big connectors fully seated than it usually is.   I'm very partial to PC Power & Cooling power supplies.  If the standard supplies won't work, I'll try to deal with them to get the required variation.  Can you confirm that with the power supply properly connected with the board not turned on, there should still be at least 1 LED lit up?

John Frederick

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello ifrederick,

The supports Intel® Server Board M10JNP2SB the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (Intel® RSTe)

You can find more information here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006801/server-products.html

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29684/eng/Intel(R)_RSTe_6_2-ReleaseNotes.pdf

For a BIOS setup guide please check 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/intel-m10jnp2sb-bios-setup-guide.pdf

Regards.

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

Thanks very much for your prompt response.  I went to the SATA cnfig in BIOS.  The SATA was set to Enabled.  The SATA Mode Selection was set to AHCI so I changed it to RAID.  After that, the machine wouldn't boot.  The Stopcode was "Inaccessable Boot device".  I changed it back to AHCI and it now boots.  My apologies for calling for help again without first reading all that you gave me.  If I need to reinstall Win 10 with SATA Mode Selection set to RAID, I can easily do that.

jif

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello jifrederick,

I am glad to read that you were able to resolve your problem.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or if can close this thread.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

Thanks for your continued attention.  I'm not in business.  If anything, I'm losing ground.   

1.  Starting with Optomized defaults, I went to the SATA submenu.  "SATA Controller " was set to  to "Enabled".  "SATA Mode Selection" was set to "AHCI" so I changed that to "RAID".  After that, the machine wouldn't boot and if I started the Win 10 installation, it didn't see the SSD.  Before, when booting, the BIOS saw the disks making up a working RAID1 pair and the OS assigned it 1 drive letter.  It worked correctly.  Now, with the SATA controller set back to AHCI, BIOS sees the drives, OS does not assign a drive letter.  RST sees the drives in the Devices pane, , but doesn't see is as an already working pair.  If I click on Create Volume, it wants to destroy the data.  I'll try to create a new RAID1 from blank disks, but I want to be able to move existing pairs over..  Please advise on the minimal BIOS changes.  Clearly, reading the manual myself is not working.
2.  I have a new steady blue LED on the MB when the machine is turned off.  It is at the edge of board about 1" from the back panel connectors.  I don't see anything in the Users' Guide on individual  LEDs.
Thanks for your patience.

jif

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello jifrederick,

Can you please let me know if you already have the operating system pre-install on the SSDs and you are trying to build the RAID 1?

Finally, can you please send ud a picture of blue LED light that you are referring to? 

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello jifrederick,

I am following your issue and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello jifrederick,

I am following your issue with your Intel® Server Board M10JNP2SB, please let us know if there anything else we can do for you or if we can close this thread.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello jifrederick,

I am following your issue with your Intel® Server Board M10JNP2SB, in case you need further assistance please let us know.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello jifrederick

Before closing this thead we would like to provide you a wrap of what we recommended you.

The supports Intel® Server Board M10JNP2SB the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (Intel® RSTe)

You can find more information here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006801/server-products.html

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29684/eng/Intel(R)_RSTe_6_2-ReleaseNotes.pdf

For a BIOS setup guide please check 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/intel-m10jnp2sb-bios-setup-guide.pdf

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

Thanks for your response.  

I downloaded the RSTe.  Install failed because a more up to date RAID was detected.  I un-installed VROV, but that wasn't enough the RSTe installed was still detecting some component of the VROC.  Can you help?  I have on order a couple of new 12T Western Digital Enterprise drives.  I'll try to initialize them from scratch to make a RAID1.

jif

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

We may be at the end of our dialog.  My disk problem is apparently the disks.  Somehow, both the disks are damaged.  They are dead.  They don't vibrate or get warm.  I've tried them on multiple machines and multiple connectors.  Something happened to both at the same time.  I never heard of such a thing.  I regenned Win 10 and installed the old RST that you sent me.  It looks like the one that I have on my other machines.  F9 doesn't give me the question yes/no so I used F3 Optimized defaults.   It seems to work perfectly.    My problems were mostly of my making and I want to thank you and Jose A for your patience.  I would be interested in the Factory Default key if it is different from F3, but it's not essential.  I think that we can mark this thread closed successfully.

John Frederick

0 Kudos
jifrederick
New Contributor I

I'm not done.  With the SATA Mode Selection set to AHCI, I regenned a new Win 10 to get RSTe to install.  It did and has my preferred interface.  Thank you for giving me the RSTe.   It doesn't show me the submenus for Create Volume and the messages sound like I haven't made the system "RAID Ready" in the old terminology.  Can you help?

0 Kudos