Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

Predictive Failure on power Supply

DWaey
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using a S2600CP server board. The integrated BMW Web Console is reporting power supply warnings on a monthly base.

The server has 2 power supplies, one connected to the net the other one is connected to a ups.

Both power suppliers are generating the same warning (at the same time):

Event that generated this alert:

RID:02B2 TS:07/21/2018 09:01:02 SN:PS2 Status ST:Power Supply ED:Predictive Failure ET:Asserted EC:Non-Critical

RID:02B2 RT:02 TS:5B52F64E GID:0020 ER:04 ST:08 S# :51 ET:6F ED:A2 06 30 EX:01 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

Event that generated this alert:

RID:02B1 TS:07/21/2018 09:01:02 SN:PS1 Status ST:Power Supply ED:Predictive Failure ET:Asserted EC:Non-Critical

RID:02B1 RT:02 TS:5B52F64E GID:0020 ER:04 ST:08 S# :50 ET:6F ED:A2 06 30 EX:01 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

The BMC warning indication keeps blinking and the Server Health reports a warning:

Pwr Unit Redundreports full redundancy has been regained Warning0x0001

The BMC version:

BMC FW Rev : 01.21.6038

The event generated looks like a false event, but i'm concerned about the Pwr Unit Redund warning.

What can cause this warning?

Thanks in advance,

Davy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Davy,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

I understand that the server system keeps getting predictive failures: Non-Critical.

In spite of predictive failures indicating inconsistencies, follow these recommendations:

• Check for foreign objects inside the chassis, such as screws, that can ground the desktop. Reset the power supplies.
  • Correctly attach the Intel® Server Board to the chassis base with the spacers/stand-offs. Make sure not to tighten the screws too much.
  • Check that the cables connecting the chassis front panel to the Intel® Server Board are plugged in properly to the front panel header.
  • Make sure the drive ribbon cables inside the computer are attached correctly and securely.

If you're using a UPS, make sure that it's compliant. Access https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000006100.html Frequently Asked Questions About UPS Support for more details.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Davy,

I'm following up with you to see if the information provided clarify your inquiry or you need more assistance from us.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Davy,

I'm following up with you to see if the information provided clarify your inquiry or you need more assistance from us.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Davy,

I hope you are doing well today.

I have not heard back from in regards to this case. I will proceed in closing the case.

If you still need more assistance from you can open a new case and refer to this one.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos