Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Problem booting s5520HC

SSUP
Beginner

Hi, i have a mother board s5520HC with dual x5675 xeon. I use 4 memory ( type for this mother board) but my workstation can't booting and don;t have dislay, don't show bios. It speak six beeps (short beep). How to fix it and what is error? Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

We strongly recommend testing the board out of the chassis on a minimal configuration (memory, processor, monitor, power supply) and instead of the video card test with the on-board video to narrow the issue. Also, is the board giving the three beep codes with no memory installed?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AP16
Valued Contributor III

Power-off, remove the memory completely and try to power-on. If you get the same number of beeps, memory is incompatible.

SSUP
Beginner

I was try and when remove ram, motherboard speak as same as that but it's not repeat. (when have ram, it repeat infinite). And i was choice ram memory fit with this motherboard. It is hp 500203-061.

0 Kudos
SSUP
Beginner

I was try but don't have dislay. I installed 2, 4, 8 memory item. 4GB per memory. I was try with HP memory and another memory but all isn't work. I think maybe my mother board have problem?

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

Did cables from PSU connected to board well, especially EPS/SSI additional power connectors? Also, you can try with only one CPU installed.

0 Kudos
SSUP
Beginner

You can see i was plug 2 6-pin cables and 1 8pin cables, i will try with 1 cpu, but if it is work with one cpu what i do next? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

The troubling part may be a PSU. Its a Cooler master silent pro gold 1200W, right? This old server MB had a hard requirement of 3.0 A minimum load capacity on +5VSB line (and 5A peak), while this PSU capable only of 3A peak.

0 Kudos
SSUP
Beginner

Now i remember a problem. All 7 led (near ram slot ) is off! (when booting or not!). My psu exactly is cooler master silent pro gold 1200ww. http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/silent-pro-gold/silent-pro-gold-1200w/ Cooler Master: Silent Pro Gold 1200W How to fix my problem if reason is psu? Thank you so much because help me more!

0 Kudos
SSUP
Beginner

This is a expensive Psu with hight power and 80 plus so i don't think it weak.

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

That`s a desktop PSU, servers have their own PSU requirements. For better understanding: when you press the power on button, first the BMC controller starts, it partially initializes chipset and the USB buses (in search of HID and storage devices), and all power that it have for such process is +5VSB (standby), because only after BMC and FRU initializations and self-checks done the motherboard will set the Power_OK signal for PSU and normal boot starts with all voltages available.

0 Kudos
SSUP
Beginner

Why i see an 5 peak output? http://assets.coolermaster.com/global/upload/product_feature/gold1200-6.jpg http://assets.coolermaster.com/global/upload/product_feature/gold1200-6.jpg

And this psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139057 CORSAIR RM Series RM1000 1000W ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply … fit for this motherboard?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We strongly recommend testing the board out of the chassis on a minimal configuration (memory, processor, monitor, power supply) and instead of the video card test with the on-board video to narrow the issue. Also, is the board giving the three beep codes with no memory installed?

0 Kudos
SSUP
Beginner

My monitor, powers supply...is good. But i don't know is this psu fit with motherboard? I see more psu have +5svb3.0A is fit with MB. My psu is +5vsb@3.5A. What is different?

0 Kudos