Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Problem with Active System Console 5.0

idata
Employee

I am attempting to install Active System Console 5.0 on a S3420GPV based system running Windows Server 2008 R2. After the install, I tried to run ASC and I just get a page could not be displayed error message. During my investigation, I have discovered that the services were not created during install. I have re-run the installer and choose repair several times and it seems to complete successfully but, I still have no services. I have also attempted to uninstall the software and when I do, the server blue screens with an IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I'm afraid IASC doesn't support the "V" SKU, because this board doesn't have a BMC.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand. Any suggestion as to how I can remove it? Also, is there a utility that can be used to monitor fans, voltages, temps on this board?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No further suggestions for me?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Never tried to install IASC on an unsupported system... I guess it's related to some driver/service that requires HW support...

As for management utility, I'm not aware of any Intel utility. However, as documented in the TPS, operating system and management software can use the SMBIOS table for system management purpose. So you may try some 3rd party software based on SMBIOS.

0 Kudos