Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Problem with Intel PRO 1000 PT QUAD PORT in Intel SR2600URSATAR.

idata
Employee

Hi. I have Intel server system SR2600URSATAR. I'm install Intel Network Card Intel PRO 1000 PT QUAD PORT in riser. I'm not see device in operation system. I have latest BIOS. This network card work correct in my desktop. Other PCI-E card also correct work in riser. Please help me resolve it problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Most likely you have one of the older, full-height adapters that are not compatible with newer PCI Express slots. Check for a product code on the adapter. The older, full-height adapters had these codes:

EXPI9404PTG1P20

EXPI9404PT

EXPI9404PTBLK

If your adapter has one of the product codes listed above, you will not be able to get the adapter to work.

Newer versions of the adapter called the Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Low Profile Server Adapter with these codes do not have the incompatibility issue with newer PCI Express slots:

EXPI9404PTLBLK

EXPI9404PTL

When I looked at the http://serverconfigurator.intel.com/sctthol.aspx?search=Server+System+SR2600URSATAR Server Configurator Tool, I did not see the older, full-height adapter listed, so the most likely solution is to use a newer network adapter.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Most likely you have one of the older, full-height adapters that are not compatible with newer PCI Express slots. Check for a product code on the adapter. The older, full-height adapters had these codes:

EXPI9404PTG1P20

EXPI9404PT

EXPI9404PTBLK

If your adapter has one of the product codes listed above, you will not be able to get the adapter to work.

Newer versions of the adapter called the Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Low Profile Server Adapter with these codes do not have the incompatibility issue with newer PCI Express slots:

EXPI9404PTLBLK

EXPI9404PTL

When I looked at the http://serverconfigurator.intel.com/sctthol.aspx?search=Server+System+SR2600URSATAR Server Configurator Tool, I did not see the older, full-height adapter listed, so the most likely solution is to use a newer network adapter.

Mark

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos