Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Problem with Intel s5500hcv, Intel S2600cp and Samsung V-NAND ssd 950 PRO M.2

AAndr32
Beginner

Hello,

I have a problem with Samsung V-NAND 950 PRO M.2.

Recently i've purchased two Samsung V-NAND 950 PRO M.2 with PCIe Card > 1x internal NVMe M.2 NGFF Key M 110mm (by delock) adapter.

I've tried to install this ssd on two servers and one pc.

Server 1:

Motherboard: intel server board s5500hcv

Processor: Intel Quad-Core Xeon E5530

On this server, I've seen in "Device Manager" the "unknown drive" with the yellow exclamation mark.

I've tried to find the driver for Windows 2008 server but with no success.

Also, I could not seen the Samsung V-NAND 950 PRO ssd in BIOS.

I just wanted to migrate the OS and drive 5 to SSD or create a partition with that ssd.

------------

Server 2:

Motherboard: Intel S2600CP

Processor: Intel Xeon E5 2679

I've tried to find the driver for Windows 2008 R2 server but with no success.

On this server, when I inserted the Card into motherboard, the server start normally, but I can't even seen the card there..

I could not detect Samsung V-NAND 950 PRO, does not appear in bios or in device manager or somewhere else.

--------

Pc :

Motherboard: Dell Inc. 084J0R-A00

Processor: Intel Core i3 3220

When I inserted the card, I saw it in Device manager, disk management, but not bios.

After that I installed samsung v-nand driver, saw the disk in BIOS too.. Tried to migrate the os on the disk, no success this time.

What happened, if I've started the pc, the disk was there, I could do everything with it.. but after restart, the disk just disappeared, couldn't find it anywhere.. but if I shut down the PC, and start again, the disk appeared.. if I restart, disappeared, so strange!

I literally don't know what to do, just hope to get some help from here.

I think I'm missing something and don't know what!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

We would like to inform you that the issue you are experiencing is regarding to compatibility since the S2600CP neither the s5500hcv are validated to work with the Samsung V-NAND 950 PRO M.2. The list of fully compatible hardware can be found here:

https://serverconfigurator.intel.com/exalt/RequestManager?ServletNumber=1&localinfo=0&RestrictionVal=SVG&APPLICATIONCODE=1 Server Configurator

Login as a guest, click on "THOL builder" select your product and use the different filters to narrow components by brand and hardware.
0 Kudos