Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Problems NAS SS4200-E

idata
Employee

hello all

I have a SS4200-E NAS storage but after it was shut down for lack of energy, I can not create shares. Already installed console on my machine I try to update the console it says it can not upgrade because it does not detect the disks. The disks appear in the console however now appear as degraded or defective. Already removed the discs and tested one by one and is working. I formatted the 4 discs and nothing works. Does anyone have any idea how to resurrect this NAS?

Regards.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

You may need to re-create the RAID. Login to web UI and go to Settings => Disks => Manage Disks => Erase Disks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edward

Thanks for help. I'm trying to make the configuration you said but there is no such option as attached screenshot.

When I try to perform any task he says "The selected function is not available due to the state of the disks.". Any ideas? Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

OK since the RAID had failed, on the Disks page (the 1st screenshot) there is a link for you to reconfigure the RAID and erase all data.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok you say the link "Proteção de dados: espelho", if I clicked and it did not work. It was take out the HD and discard the casing because I do not know what it is. Or should I send to an authorized? pay off?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

No I mean click the link above the table, which should read like "click here to delete existing data"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edward, thanks for help

I'm looking for that link you mentioned ("click here to delete existing data.") But did not find the following screen and HD on this screen?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I think this is the link:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edward, thanks for help

I've done this procedure, I clicked the link as you said but did not work. After clicking it asks to confirm with a "yes". I did but did not work.

Any idea?

Regards

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

What if you go to Settings => Disks => Manage Disks => Erase Disks?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edward.

Not Exist this option "Manage Disks". It shows the 4 discs and says he has and send incorrect data type "yes". But is the same. I'll try to find an authorized partner of Intel to see if you like to solve. What do you think?

Regards

0 Kudos