Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Problems with Cachecade 2.0

idata
Employee

Hi

I got a problem with Cachecade 2.0. I got a RS25DB080 with a AXXRPFKSSD2 hardware key, which enables FastPath and CacheCade 2.0. Im not able to create a CacheCade drive as raid1 or raid10, only raid0, and im not able to create it as a CacheCade drive acting as both write and read cache. When I look at the controller properties in the Intel Raid Web Console2, it says "Write Cache Capable: NO". Can anyone explain me how to create a read/write cachecade drive with this controller?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

carpediemdk,

Did you follow the procedure for Enabling Super Sized Cache on page 161 of the http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/d29305017_raid_swg.pdf RAID Software User's Guide?

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi John,

I have followed the guide, and it works for a read only cachecade. But I need the write functionality to work as well, which it doesn't.

Regards,

Morten

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Morten,

The RS25 controllers, based on the LSI2208 ROC Chip, currently only support read cache for SSD Cache. The ability to support write cache requires a new key, using updated SSD Cache 2.1 firmware release and an updated driver.

John

0 Kudos