Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

Query On PCIe in Intel Server System R2224WFTZS

idata
Employee

Hi Team,

We have Intel Server System R2224WFTZS with minimum configuration(Single processor & Memory).

Please let me know whether I can use all the available PCIe slots with single CPU?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

From what I can tell, you can use the PCIe slots on the motherboard and any provided by the Riser Card in Riser Slot 1. Note that Riser Cards can only be used in Riser Slot 2 and Riser Slot 3 if the second processor is installed.

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Employee

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the information.

Is there any other component or feature in the motherboard which I cannot use due to the absence of processor 2.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Gee, you could look in the TPS just as easily as I can.

Riser Slot 1 gets 16 PCIe lanes from CPU1 and 8 PCIe lanes from CPU2. If CPU2 is not present, the Riser card will only have the 16 PCIe lanes from CPU1 and thus some of its PCIe connectors may not be useable.

That's all I could find. It looks like all on-board features are managed from CPU1, so remain available.

...S

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much Scott!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello circlesoccer,

Hope you are doing fine.

The answers provided by N. Scott Pearson are correct and accurate.

Let us know if the previously mentioned feed your needs in order to close this thread or if you have further questions.

Best regards.

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello circlesoccer,

We are wondering if you need further assistance?

Best regards,

Charlie_Intel
0 Kudos