Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

R1304BTLSHBNR - constantly remapping/rebuilding RAID10 drives

idata
Employee

Hi all,

Still working on my R1304BTLSHBNR. I see that after the server was placed where it is supposed to be (rack cabinet, not a desk ) I see orange leds blinking either on HDD0 or HDD3, either one at the time, sometimes both. Situation lasts for approx 24 hours.

Is there any way with more "insight" into the problem that Intel Active Console ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Well you'd better use the RAID utility to check for HDD errors. You're running Windows on ESRT2 right? Install nd run /Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22407&keyword=raid web console&lang=eng RAID WEB Console 2 Utility for Windows*.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No, the standard Intel RST as I needed RAID 10 and option to make several VDs (two actually). In the BIOS (CTRL+I) I see that the system VD is being remapped/initialized (I have initiliazed both VDs before any OS was installed).

I will install RAID WEB console. I did it once just after the system was installed, but I could not login into it.

EDIT:

Yep, I can't login. My server is not displayed in the servers field. I cannot login using localhost or 127.0.0.1 either. I have the newest RAID console version. It is not that I can't login. It seems that either I can't see the RAID Web Console server when connecting from the localhost (or from the network) or the server is not installed.

I remember that during my first install there were some configuration options like user/pass, then I have uninstalled it... now it installs without questions being asked. I do not see MRMonitor service in Services.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Do you know how long can the Intel RST rebuild process take place and why constantly mu HDD0 and HDD3 drives are altered by that process?

I have always used HW controllers in my environments so I have no experience on how long that process should last on RST and when I should start to worry.

Actually I am quite afraid to reboot now when the process of rebuiling takes place, especially that with the Intel RST installation there were also IaStore drivers installed. It is fake raid, not HW, so bad things might happen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Still rebuilding/remapping. Any thoughts on that?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

In this case I'd suggest you perform a full backup, install RST GUI and reboot the server.

0 Kudos