Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

RAID Monitor Program for S1200SP motherboard

GLewi5
Beginner

Please can someone point me at the correct download link for the monitor program for on-board RAID controller in an S1200SP motherboard. I'm attaching the output from a run of the SSU utility.

Looking for the program that allows you to monitor status via a web page and send alerts on error. Is Web Console what I am looking for and if so where can I download?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello GLewi5, Hope you are doing fine. Sure we can share the corresponding link for you. But we would like to know what is the Raid technology that you are using? Is that RST or ESRT2? Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GLewi5
Beginner
Hi Charlie, How do I tell? Does the SSU report I sent you not include that information? Regards, Graham
0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello GLewi5, I will share both of the technology links for you. Can you confirm the Operating System? Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GLewi5
Beginner

Hi Charlie,

It's Windows Server 2016.

Regards,

Graham

0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello GLewi5, If you are using RSTe technology please find the GUI software inside the driver package: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28016/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-enterprise-Intel-RSTe-AHCI-and-SCU-Software-RAID-Driver-for-Windows- If you are using ESRT2 technology you can use Raid Web Console 2: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27474/Intel-RAID-Web-Console-2-for-Windows- Let us know if you have further questions. Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello GLewi5, We are wondering if you have further questions? Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GLewi5
Beginner

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the links but how do I know which is the correct one to use on my machine? In device manager the RAID controller is listed as an "LSI Embedded MegaRAID" . Its hardware ID is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A106&SUBSYS_35BF8086&REV_31 and the PCI lookup database identifies that as an Intel Q170/H170/Z170/CM236 Chipset SATA Controller [RAID Mode]. So is that RSTe or ESRT2?

Regards,

Graham

0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello GLewi5, Are you able to access the Raid Bios configuration during the BIOS boot? Under AHCI configurations you will be able to see if is RSTe or ESRT2. As you mentioned LSI your array should be configured as ESRT2, please try to install the Raid Web Console 2 and let us know how it goes. Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello GLewi5, We are wondering if you were able to test? Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GLewi5
Beginner

Hi Charlie,

As the server is in a remote data center getting to the BIOS settings is hard to achieve. However, I tried the Web Console 2 install as you suggested and that shows the server so all is well.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Graham

0 Kudos
Carlos_V_Intel1
Employee
Hello GLewi5, We are glad to hear that. We are going to proceed and close this thread. If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you. Regards, Charlie V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos