Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

RAID of 5 disks on the R1208WTTGSR

AVerb4
Beginner

I can not configure a software RAID of 5 disks on the R1208WTTGSR platform. Need raid 10 + 1 hot spare. In the BIOS, sata (0-3 port) and ssata (0-3 port) are available. It turns out that 2 different baskets! Accordingly, a raid can be created from only 4 disks! How to combine them into one basket? To make a raid you can create from 5, 6, 7 disks !!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello traian,

For the S2600WT family board, to allow RAID 5 configuration requires a SATA RAID 5 Upgrade Key ( https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/Intel_Server_Board_S2600WT_TPS.pdf TPS on Page # 46 # 47), ESRT2 SATA RAID 5 Upgrade Key (iPN - RKSATA4R5).

I hope this information helps

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello traian,

I just will like to follow and check if the information provided for the requierment to use RAID 5

Best regards,

Henry A.
AVerb4
Beginner

Thanks .

My next question : where I can get power for my ssd disk using sata 4 post on S2600WT family board

Port Sata 4 , sata 5 are inside platform 1208wttgsr .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello traian,

If using the Hot Swap back plane all ports have power the only additional cable you will need are the Data Cables.

Or please send me the model of th backplane and I will be more than glad to get you more detailed information.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello traian,

I just will like to follow and check if the information provided for the requirement to use RAID 5 and the questions you had about the power to the backplane

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos