Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

RMM3 Web interface will not load

idata
Employee

My RMM3 web interface on my s5520hc will not load. I can ping the ip, but any web browser just keeping loading - they never time out.

This happened once before when I was at the customers site and I reseated the card. However, that is not an option this time. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

If this used to work, I would try a different client first. See if another machine can connect on port 80.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No luck. I also changed the IP address and the CAT5e cable. IS there anyway to change the port?

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Not that I know of. Did this setup ever work, or is this a new install?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes this worked for since the server was put in back in Janurary until about June. This is a new install.

0 Kudos
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

could be IP conflict issue,

Couple of suggestions:

1. try to use BMC Ip address to launch the webinterface,

2. try to change the IP address of RMM and ping.. you can use IDA to configure the same.

Hope you have latest firmware up and running.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is strange to me, but I changed the IP of the BMC and now I can load the IP of the RMM3. Lets see how long this lasts.

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

BMC and RMM must be on different subnets or you can get conflicts.

0 Kudos
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

Glad it worked.. thanks for the update.

Having said, it could be IP conflict issue.

Thanks,

kamal,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, it doesn't work again. I think I might have a bad card.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

You may want to try reflashing the BMC firmware code

The flash package for the BMC includes the firmware for the RMM3.

If the the RMM3 and the BMC are on differeent version strange things can happen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had the problem with the different firmware versions.

I flashed the RMM3 again, but after about a day the RMM website is not reachable.

Do you have further tipps?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Tobias

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

The main hitters have been covered, but here is a quick review.

1. Make sure the BMC fw was flashed while the RMM3 was installed to get them both on the same revision.

2. Make sure any BMC IP address is on a different subnet than the RMM3 (it confuses the BMC as to which NIC it should be using)

3. If using Dynamic addressing, make sure you set a unique BMC DHCP host name (or it will confuse your DHCP server when all the RMM3 have the same name)

4. Make sure your Java version is current. Sometime I have found you need to enable the Direct Connection option if you are behind a proxy server

Lastly, the interface will timeout after awhile if not used and you may need to refresh and log-in again

Hopefully one of these will do it for you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your long answer!

1. the firmware was flashed to the newest version

2. in the moment the baseboard lan configuration is set to 0.0.0.0 on everey entry. DO I have to config it, also it is not used?

3. I'm using static IPs.

4. I'm not behind a proxy.

Should I try to config the BMC, too?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

You don't need to configure the BMC baseboard lan (unless you want to access the RMM3 via that connection) 0.0.0.0 should be fine.

Which browser and Java version are you running?

Also, what is the part number on the RMM3 card?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK, so far.

I tried IE6, IE7 and IE8 as well as Opera 10.62 and Chrome.

Java Version is 6.0.

But after a reboot everythings is fine. So Browser and Java can not be the problem.

The part number AXXRMM3.

I found out, that ping and SSH work.

Is there a command to soft reboot the RMM3 (without rebooting the whole server)?

0 Kudos