Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

RMM4 JViewer not working via Citrix or VNC?

ANils1
Beginner

We've got a number of systems in really remote locations, and we typically use Citrix or VNC to access them. However, when launching the JViewer, the screen remains blank.

Is this a known limitation? Are there other ways of connecting to the RMM that works better in this scenario?

Regards,

Asgeir

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

The RMM4 connects via a enbeded web server.

Interner Explore or firefox should allow you to connect.

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

This may give you a hand

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032371.htm?wapkw=rmm4+user+guide Server Products — Intel® Remote Management Module 4 (Intel® RMM4) and Integrated BMC User Guide

0 Kudos
ANils1
Beginner

My issue is not accessing the RMM's web address. I am able to pull up the web interface, jump through the Java security hoops, and get the JViewer window open. However, the window remains dark.

For servers in our local network, this works just fine, so I suspect this is an issue that gets triggered by the video compression by Citrix or VNC.

Asgeir

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

I would suspect that the video compression could be the cause of this. Let me see if there is a work around for this.

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

I would guess the network you are accessing is blocking ports 7578 (KVM), and maybe 5120 (CDROM redirect) & 5123 (Floppy \ USB redirect)

This it the tool i use to check open ports to the network. http://www.radmin.com/download/previousversions/portscanner.php Advanced Port Scanner 1.3 (Free) - Small, fast, robust and easy-to-use port scanner for Windows which uses a multithread…

I find I need to slow the tool # of threads to keep it from erroring out on a high speed network,
0 Kudos