Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

RMM4 Lite only 100Mbit/s?

ASchr6
Beginner

Hi,

I have a S1200BTL + RMM 4 Lite running ESXi 5.5 (Free). As I plug in the RMM4 Lite module, the 82574L NIC (NIC 1) is doing only 100Mbit/s (OS). When I pull out the RMM 4 Lite, then it goes up to 1000Mbit/s. Is this behavior normal? I thought the remote console/KVM will do 100Mbit/s, but the OS will still get 1000Mbit/s?!

Thanks

Arkadius

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel

Where do you see the link speed? I would suggest updating the firmware of your system board as this package includes the update for the RMM4. You may download the most recent package https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24323 here.

0 Kudos
ASchr6
Beginner

I have already updated the firmware some days ago (with the RMM4 plugged in). Link speed was set to auto in ESXi, here i could see the 100mbit/s. I tried to set it to 1gbit/s manually, but it wasn't able. Data transfer was about 10-12MB/s. I tried some reboots, but still the same issue. I pulled the RMM4 lite module out and everything goes up to 1gibt/s, data transfer about 80-100MB/s.

However, I just plugged the RMM4 module back in again to try some other OS. Issue is solved! Everything at 1gibt/s! I can start a remote session, seeing the bootscreen/desktop and the OS still gets 1gbit. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

Apperently pulling the module out and plugging it in again helped somehow.

Thanks

Arkadius

0 Kudos