Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

RMSP3AD160F configuration mixte NVMe / SAS

FVIAL1
Beginner

Bonjour,

Je souhaite connecter 2 SSD NVMe (SSDPE2KE016T701) sur les 2 premiers ports du RMSP3AD160F, et 2 disques SAS (Toshiba AL14SEB18EQ) sur les autres ports.

Dans la version actuelle de fimware v50.2.1-0589 ver 2, cette configuration n'est pas possible :

- soit on choisi le profil PD64, et on peut voir les 2 disques SAS

- soit on choisi le profil PCIe4, et on peut voir les 2 SSD NVMe

Il semble que chez Brodcom (contrôleur 9460i), cette configuration soit possible avec le firmware "phase 3" (MR 7.3 50.3.0-0707)

Comment puis-je faire pour obtenir ce firmware pour un RMSP3AD160F ?

Merci de votre aide.

Bien cordialement

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi fv35,

Thank you for using Intel® RAID cards.

You are right our current Tri-mode cards supports NVMe drives or SAS/SATA drives at the time, it is not possible to mix them now.

The Intel® RAID Module RMSP3AD160F has been released a few months ago; it will be supported for at least 3 years. Intel is always implementing new features and improving the performance of its devices. There is not an estimated date of the release of the new driver yet or what it will include. I suggest you keep double checking our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ downloadcenterhttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/ website frequently.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
FVIAL1
Beginner

Hi Mike,

Thank you for that response.

That's a shame, this limitation is not on the datasheet . And know, I have to buy another thing.

Can you confirm that the problem is the same with RAID Controler RSP3TD160F ?

Do you know if a firmware beta version "phase 3" exist, and how obtain it ?

Can I try the firmware from Broadcom ?

Best regards,

Fv35

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi fv35,

Thank you for using Intel® RAID cards.

In regard to creating Raid arrays using NVMe and SAS drives at the same with Intel RSP3 or RMSP3 RAID cards.

The software included on the latest RAID cards is the same, so the limitation is present in all the cards.

The latest firmware version is 50.2.1-0589 (10/11/2017); the release date for newer updates or their content is not available yet.

Intel RAID cards come with Broadcom (Avago* chipsets), you can try with their firmware updates under your risk. Intel recommends using the drivers and firmware released by our engineers at downloadcenter.intel.com only.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
RChen80
Beginner

​We have a HGST 12TB 3.5" SAS HDD (2018 May) lost issue.

Linux kernel version is 4.13.4 and that includes 07.701.17.00 driver (2017 7/7).

Should I to use the newest driver to fix the issue? (7.705.04.00 July 2018)

Please help to share your comments, thanks.

0 Kudos
RChen80
Beginner

RMSP3AD160F with HGST 12TB SAS HDD lost issue.

Waht version Linux kernel that includes the newest driver 7.705.04.00? Please also help to comment, thanks.​

0 Kudos
GMohi
Beginner
0 Kudos