Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

RS2BL040 RAID Card Cannot Get Into Raid BIOS Console

MSchm29
Beginner

I can't get to the BIOS console of my recently acquired RS2BL040 raid controller. On boot, I get the message of "RAID Controller BIOS Version 3.29.00 (Build June 18, 2013" at the top of the screen and "Press CTRL + G to enter the RAID BIOS console" at the bottom of the screen but nothing in between. This happens with drives (sata with forward breakout cable) connected and also when there aren't any drives connected. I try pressing CTRL+G but nothing happens. It hangs at that screen for 5 minutes or so and then proceeds to boot to Windows. Windows detects the card and I am able to update the firmware but as soon as I restart, the same thing happens again.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

Here are our recommendations for this issue:

- Make sure that the quiet boot is disabled on the main tab for the BIOS set up menu.

- Ensure all the drives are connected and the cables in good working conditions.

- Test the RAID controller on a different PCIe slot.

- Power cycled the board by disconnecting the power cables and pressing the power button for 10 seconds.

- Clear the CMOS battery, restart the system and restore defaults in the BIOS.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I have moved your post to the appropriate team:

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Here are our recommendations for this issue:

- Make sure that the quiet boot is disabled on the main tab for the BIOS set up menu.

- Ensure all the drives are connected and the cables in good working conditions.

- Test the RAID controller on a different PCIe slot.

- Power cycled the board by disconnecting the power cables and pressing the power button for 10 seconds.

- Clear the CMOS battery, restart the system and restore defaults in the BIOS.

0 Kudos