Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

RS2BL080 raid external enclosure

idata
Employee

I Have a RS2BL080 raid controller in my tower case. Current have 5 hard drives attached in raid 5. Just added a sixth. Crammed it into my old floppy drive bay. Out of space. Is there any way to utilize this controller with an external sata enclosure? Some kind of adapter, extension? Can be jury rigged as long as it works.

THanks.

JR

0 Kudos
1 Solution
23 Replies
idata
Employee

Should a fan fail, platform management will adjust air flow of the remaining fans and manage other platform features to maintain system thermals. I strongly advise against removing system fans because you think the system is too noisy.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

THanks for the info. I'm planning on upgrading the firmware, I'm just concerned with the readme on the firmware that says you should install this update before setting up your JBOD. Was wondering if I should pull all the drives and boot up the system without the drives in, let the controller complain about all the disks missing, let windows boot, flash it, power off, put the drives back in

THanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

For ref I pulled the drives and flashed. When I rebooted with the drives in do palliatives about some kind of pd sync issue. Went into the bios, exited and rebooted and didn't show again.

THanks.

JR

0 Kudos