Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

RS3DC0080 combined with RES3TV360 on R2224WTTYS

DShel1
Beginner

I have the intel server system R2224WTTYS with RS3DC0080 Raid card and the RES3TV360 SAS expander. When everything is connected up I only see it linked to the expander on ports 0 - 3 rather than 0 - 7 as expected. I have looked everything over and connected it according to the "r2000wt_systemintegration_and_serviceguide_rev1_1" documentation. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have been trying to figure out the problem on my own for days.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_A_Intel

It seems that the controller is only seeing the drives connected in port 0-3. If it is not seeing the drives in 4-7, then it might be a problem with the cable or with the port on the backplane. I would probably move cables around and see if the issue follows the port or the cable. You might as well want to use a different ports in the expander card.

AChan85
New Contributor I

Yes, switch the cable around at the RAID controller side. You may want to connect just one cable at a time, say, ports 4-7, to see what happens.

Also, what does it say at BIOS level?

DShel1
Beginner

The connection in the bios reflects the same thing 0-3 on the RES3TV360. I have two of these setups and they are acting identically. When I connect just 4-7 I see everything on 4-7. I have rotated this through with both channels confirming that both are operational. When both are plugged in however, only 0-3 shows regardless of port order. I have tried the system out on both channels from the raid controller and the same SAS port, so no cable issue or port issue that I can tell.

0 Kudos
AChan85
New Contributor I

If all cables (and ports) are good, both the main board and the RAID board work, then this points to the BIOS. I do not see how this can happen. Can you try to update the BIOS (or just reset BIOS to defaults) to see what happens?

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Does this happen if you connect the cables to a different backplane instead? If this is the case, I would recommend contacting our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel Customer Support team for proper follow up of this situation.

If possible, try to connect the RAID controller directly to the backplane bypassing the expander card.

0 Kudos