Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

RS3DC0080 combined with RES3TV360 on R2224WTTYS

DShel1
Beginner

I have the intel server system R2224WTTYS with RS3DC0080 Raid card and the RES3TV360 SAS expander. When everything is connected up I only see it linked to the expander on ports 0 - 3 rather than 0 - 7 as expected. I have looked everything over and connected it according to the "r2000wt_systemintegration_and_serviceguide_rev1_1" documentation. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have been trying to figure out the problem on my own for days.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_A_Intel

It seems that the controller is only seeing the drives connected in port 0-3. If it is not seeing the drives in 4-7, then it might be a problem with the cable or with the port on the backplane. I would probably move cables around and see if the issue follows the port or the cable. You might as well want to use a different ports in the expander card.

AChan85
New Contributor I

Yes, switch the cable around at the RAID controller side. You may want to connect just one cable at a time, say, ports 4-7, to see what happens.

Also, what does it say at BIOS level?

DShel1
Beginner

The connection in the bios reflects the same thing 0-3 on the RES3TV360. I have two of these setups and they are acting identically. When I connect just 4-7 I see everything on 4-7. I have rotated this through with both channels confirming that both are operational. When both are plugged in however, only 0-3 shows regardless of port order. I have tried the system out on both channels from the raid controller and the same SAS port, so no cable issue or port issue that I can tell.

AChan85
New Contributor I

If all cables (and ports) are good, both the main board and the RAID board work, then this points to the BIOS. I do not see how this can happen. Can you try to update the BIOS (or just reset BIOS to defaults) to see what happens?

David_A_Intel

Does this happen if you connect the cables to a different backplane instead? If this is the case, I would recommend contacting our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel Customer Support team for proper follow up of this situation.

If possible, try to connect the RAID controller directly to the backplane bypassing the expander card.