Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

RSP3TD160F in new build server throwing errors

BShan10
Beginner

I have an RSP3TD160F RAID controller with 13 Seagate ST900MP0006 900 GB SAS drives in 2 hot swap enclosures. They are configured in 2 spans of 6 drives, RAID 10 with a Global hot spare. Only Hyper-V Server 20016 is installed at this time. We had 4 of the original drives show failed, and replaced those. Two days ago the controller threw about 250 inconsistent parity errors, 2 unrecovered read errors, and a write error recovered with auto reallocation. No errors since then, but concerned. I have 2 main questions:

1. Do the I2C cables between the hot swap enclosures need to be connected? They currently are. There are 2 SAS cables from the enclosures to the RAID card.
  2. Are the errors abnormal, or do these cards do this regularly?

Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello BShan10,

Thank you for joining the community

Could you please tell what server board and chassis do you have this RAID controller card installed in?

Have you done any changes to the system recently like firmware updates, OS updates?

Where did you look at this errors, BMC, RAID web console management software, OS?

Have you ran any diagnostic tool like TTY log System Event Viewer tool?

Will look forward for your updates

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello BShan10,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this.

If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved.

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello BShan10,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos