Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

RSTe Setup - Unable to select more that 4 disks

TLeef
Beginner

I have a S2600GZ/GL Server System with an S2600GZ motherboard (C602 Chipset). I have installed an RKSATA8 key installed. The issue I have is that I cannot select more than 4 disk drives when setting up a 6 disk RAID 10 configuration in the RSTe SATA Raid ROM. The disks are 2Tb SATA disks. I presume the issue is in the BIOS setup but no matter which configuration I choose I cannot select more that 4 disks (if I setup RAID 5 I can select all disks).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Tonyleef,

We would like to inform you that the amount of drives that you can set up for a RAID 10 using the RSTe controller is 4 maximum. This is a hardware limitation for the chipset. We recommend using a hardware RAID controller for the configuration you are looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Tonyleef,

We would like to inform you that the amount of drives that you can set up for a RAID 10 using the RSTe controller is 4 maximum. This is a hardware limitation for the chipset. We recommend using a hardware RAID controller for the configuration you are looking for.

0 Kudos