Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

RSTe + Windows Server 2016 = Windows Backup Error ...

STimo
Beginner

So, I have:

- Intel S1200SPLR motherboard with latest BIOS update.

- Non-UEFI boot.

- 2 Intel SSDSC2BB240G7 configured and initialized as RAID-1.

- Windows Server 2016 just installed with Intel RSTe 4.3.0.1223 drivers.

Trying to get first backup with Windows Backup - Done with Errors - The drive cannot find the sector requested.

What wrong ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello stas-timofeev@live.ru,

I just moved this discussion to the Servers Support Community.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for contactin Intel Customer Support.

I searched for the error and a part of them are caused by hardware problem. So you may first check your hard disks to see if that is the cause.

Also it could be caused by corrupted cluster in the end of your backup files.

You can have a try to shrink a few MB in the end of your current drives and do the backup again to see the result.

Also could you provide us with storage diagnostic file from Windows. Please share your results.

Ken

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was wondering if you have had the chance to review the information provided before, and if there is anything else we can do for you or if no assistance is no longer needed, please share with us your comments to proceed accordingly.

Ken
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just wanted to follow up on this, have you had the chance to review the information provided before?. If so what are your results. Or is the issue already resolved?

Either way, I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Ken
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Unfortunately we haven't heard from you in a while, so we assume the assistance is no longer needed, if by any chance you need anything else in this regard please contact us, case 03106046 was created to record the information shared.

Ken
0 Kudos