Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

RWC3 doesn't accept notification email addresses which contains "-"

IKope1
Beginner

Hello,

I want to setup email notification in RWC3 and I'm not able to configure email addresses which contains "-" . I receive an error "Please enter a valid email id".

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Itsvan,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

I understand that you are not able to configure email addresses that uses "-" with the Intel(R) RAID WEB CONSOLE 3. Have you tried configuring email without this character? What is the result?

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support.

0 Kudos
IKope1
Beginner

Email addresses without "-" are accepted and can be saved. But I have a domain with a "-". You should be able to reproduce the problem.

Istvan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

Thank you for your update. Let me investigate about this issue and get back to you as soon as possible with new information.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

I'm still investigating about the issue. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

I'm still investigating about the issue. I will appreciate if you can please provide the environment details of the server you are running this RWC3? The idea is to see if can replicate the issue in our lab.

Also, forclarification, does the error happen while you are entering the email settings on the mail server settings section in RWC3? Or, are you able to enter the mail server settings and then you get the error message while trying to send a notification?

Looking forward to your response.

regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
IKope1
Beginner

Hello,

RWC3 is running on a Windows 10 Pro VMWare virtual machine. I'm accessing the VM with Remote Desktop. I open the RWC3 with Chrome. The error pops-up while I type the domain name. See here:

Istvan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

Thank you for your quick response.

I will try to recreate the issue in our lab and get back with as soon as possible with information.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

I'm still investigating about this issue. I will contact you once I get new information. I apologize for this delay.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

I'm still investigating about this issue. I will contact you once I get new information. I apologize for this delay.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

In an effort to better assist you can please indicate the model of the RAID controller and Server Board you are having the issue with?

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
IKope1
Beginner

Hello,

I have 3 controllers with the same problem. Two RMS25CB080 and one RMS3CC080.

Istvan

0 Kudos
IKope1
Beginner

Update:

two R1208RPMSHOR + RMS25CB080

one R1208SPOSHORR + RMS3CC080

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

Thank you for your quick response. We will look into this and get back to you as soon as possible with new information.

Regards,

Jeremiah Allen

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

I apologize for delaying with the results of the investigation.

According to engineering, this seems to be a known issue. There is fix, but on a future RWC3 release. At the moment there is no estimated time yet on when will be the release for Raid Web Console 3; as a workaround, you can use RWC2 instead.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Itsvan,

I'm following up with you to see if there is anything else can assist you with. More than glad to continue helping.

Regards,

0 Kudos
IKope1
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to be notified when this problem is solved.

Istvan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

We invite you to keep checking our download center web site for the new launch Raid Web Console 3, which will help to fix the issue.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos