Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Raid Web Console 2 No servers were found in this host

BCisn
Beginner

Hello All,

Intel SR1560SF Server setup with hardware RAID1 / 2 disk with fresh install of CentOS 6.5 - 64 bit.

Ver 13.08.04.01 of Intel Raid Web Console 2.

I have worked on this for two days now,and Still when opening the IRWC 2 console after searching very briefly " No server was found in this host"

The Console does display the correct machine ip address in the console when searching.

Have used RedHat/CentOS for about 10 years now,So very familar with file locations,and depedency installing etc.

I have read the Raid Web Console README.txt file many times,,and installed all the extra .i686 rpms as required.

Have read were on older versions of IRWC it would only use the highest nic,,if the board had two active nics. this is not the case on mine,,I have disabled,,re-enabled nic 1 and Nic 2.

I have never seen a good rundown,on what ports at a minimum need to be listening/running for example when I run netstat -tlnp ?

I was fairly certain this would be a challenge with the having to add i686 rpm's to an x86_64 system,but thought I would have had it going at this point.

Is it mandatory to have the Intel specific hard drive sas drivers,,for the the right hooks for the Web Console?

This CentOS install installed the native CentOS mpt2sas driver which is actually what Intel driver bundle installs?

Thank You,

Barry
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Which RAID controller are you using?

0 Kudos
BCisn
Beginner

This is an SR1560SF Intel System - S5520HC motherboard.

To be honest I never looked close in the bios,for actual "model",

It simply shows up in the RAID bios as Intel Embedded RAID 2 as the machine boots.

CentOS 6.5 installed the mpt2sas driver by default,if that means anything. From what i have read on the net that driver should install to an LSI RAID setup?

This is actually a Dell server,It is a refurb from Tigerdierct so I have never really figured out the actuall Dell model,number. the top of the machine has the SR1560SF sticker on it.

Sorry I dont have more explicit information.

Thank You,

Barry
0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

If the system model is SR1560SF, then the board model should be S5400SF. CentOS 6.5 is not tested or supported on this board, thus no driver is provided. See http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s5400SF/sb/CS-028454.htm Hardware, Memory, and Operating System Compatibility.

Yes ESRT2 driver is needed for RWC to work properly.

Now even for the latest generation product, the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&DwnldID=23603 ESRT2 driver supports RHEL up to 6.4. You may try it for CentOS 6.4. Again it's not validated or supported on this board by Intel.

0 Kudos
BCisn
Beginner

edwardzh,

Thank You for posting this,and the help.

I will give this driver for CentOS 6.5 a spin and report back.

Take Care,

Barry
0 Kudos