Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Raid controller rs25

WayneLocal6afm
Hi greetings from San Francisco.
Lost power to one of 2 cables going to 6 2TB drives. The controller marked 3 drives offline.no data was being transferred at the time a rebuild of 1 drive was either complete of near complete. Have to check log again.
Tried placing one of the 3 drives online again after restoring power which is was an intermittent molex power connector.
Power is on ok now, tried marking one of the 3 drives on the 6 drive array (3drives per cable) tried marking or changing a drive to online from within rwc2 after thus happened and the controller warning said the drive shall start up immediately and it could cause data corruption

At this point I said no and did not execute that command.
Then shut down.
From the console tgat cones up ater post when I hit control G it us possible to place the drives back on line.
The whole drive is marked offline but only 3 physical drives are offline
As I said. No data was being transferred.
Thus is a workstation in my room and used for guitar records.
All privately funded on social security so I have time to do music records now.
Have time but no money.
Don't want yo lose the array if all I have to do is Mark the drives as on line from the bios console tgat starts after post when I hit control G
Anybody ever tried this before?
Please and thanjs in advance.
Wayne
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
WayneLocal6afm
Wayne here just posted photos of the bios that comes up on post showing the status.
Thanks for any input on this.
Wayne

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WayneLocal6afm
Wayne here just posted photos of the bios that comes up on post showing the status.
Thanks for any input on this.
Wayne
0 Kudos
WayneLocal6afm
Trouble cleared by selecting make drive online from the bios on all 3 drives that had been placed offline when the cable power became intermittent up down up down multiple times,
After the 3rd of the 3 drives was back online the disk was online too with out having to give any additional commands to the virtual disk or controller.
RELIEF!
AHHH
FYI wayne
0 Kudos