Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Receiving event log error for PS on S1200RP server

MDYCK
Beginner

When I looked at the server event log in the RMM I saw events for the power supply redundancy. In the sensor readings it shows yellow with a warning and a reading of 0x0001. The event log shows the following entries:

PS1 StatusPower Supplyreports a predictive failure has been detected for the power supply - Deasserted

PS2 StatusPower Supplyreports a predictive failure has been detected for the power supply - Deasserted

Pwr Unit RedundPower Unitreports redundancy has been lost, but the unit is still functioning with the minimum amount of resources needed for normal operation - Asserted

Pwr Unit RedundPower Unitreports redundancy has been lost - Asserted

Is this something I need to be concerned with? I have not seen any other indications of failure. Are one or both of the Power Supplies beginning to fail?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

If it only happened once, I would not be concerned. If it happens again, i would first split the two power supplies onto different power circuits, to try to narrow it down (since it looks like both got affected at the same time).

0 Kudos
Hejmo
Novice

Hello,

By any luck, would you happen to have a copy of firmware package 02.01.0002 for S1200RPS ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Hejmo One post is enough.  Stay with your original post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos