Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S1200BTL - Double Channel

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have a S1200BTL board and I cannot find any information what processor/memory combination can give me Double Channel (with all memory slots occupied).

Our client has a Intel XEON E3-1275 on this board but not even with 2 KVR1333D3E9S/4GI on the dual channel slots can we get them to work. BIOS always shows memory as "Intependent".

So I need a processor model that supports double channel.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks, but I have populated all the memory slots correctly.

My problem is that it is still appearing (in BIOS) to be working in "Independent" memory config.

You reckon it is not a CPU related issue?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Indeed I reckon the version is 28 (since I do not have access to the machine at the moment). But I do not see any info in the release notes about that issue (in versions above 30). I will perform a BIOS update as soon as I can, and report back.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just checked the firmware: latest version of BIOS (and BMC/ME/FRUSDR) installed - version 30.

Problem is the system still does not use memory modules in dual-channel. Not even when only 2 memory modules are installed.

Current configuration has an Intel Xeon E3-1240 installed, and 4 memory modules KVR1333D3E9S/4GI (Intel validated).

So why is it not working in dual-channel mode?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

FYI: The issue is caused because of a BIOS display bug. It seems that memory dimms work in dual channel, but that info is not displayed in BIOS.

Should be remembered for further reference.

Cheers

0 Kudos