Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S1200BTL LED CODES

idata
Employee

Hi,

I have a non booting s1200btl which stops in boot process with no display and following LED Status

ID Blue LED = off STATUS LED= Green then after about 1 minute flashing amber

LEDS: MSB 0101 1001 LSB

0=off

1=on

On/Off front panel switch works

Could someone please tell me what this means.

Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

CTISYSTEMS,

See the section on Intel® Light Guided Diagnostics in the S1200BT http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/g13326004_s1200bt_tps_r2_0.pdf Technical Product Specification.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. I had previously checked Rev1 of the document and that LED combination was not in there.

It is not in rev2 (much easier to understand) of the document to which you pointed either.

XOXO OXXO

Behavior is as follows:

when AC is plugged into the server, cpu & chassis fan 4 run immediately and process stops at XOXO OXXO .with front panel power LED lit and fans still running.

If front panel power switch is pressed (and held for a few secs) the system shuts down as for a normally working machine.

When restarted using the front panel power switch, process stops at 0x10 xxxo xxxx Pei core starts.

Any clues?

Thanks / Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The LED code translates to a 59h. As you've indicated it's not in the diagnostic LED list. At this point we need to make sure you're using the right processor for your board revision. You can check that on the S1200BT http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032414.htm Tested Processor List. Read the Notes at the bottom of the page.

Also verify the memory you're using is correct for the processor. See the Memory Subsystem section of the http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/g13326004_s1200bt_tps_r2_0.pdf Technical Product Specification for more information.

If everything there is correct, troubleshoot by removing the memory and see if you get the three beep "no memory" installed indicator. And then reducing the system to a minimum configuration to see if you can determine what (if not the board) may be causing the issue.

John

0 Kudos
EComi
Beginner

I have the same problem, how do u resolve?

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

In an effort to better assist you with your inquiry, please provide more detailed information. Please confirm the set of LED you are getting with the behavior of the system.

0 Kudos
EComi
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

In boot process i receive 3 beep and after 5 minutes PC restart itself, i mounted 32 GB (4x 8 Gb) 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC CL9 DIMM RAM and the CPU is XEON E3-1230 v2. I removed the other parts of the server. I have the same problem with a single slot RAM 8 GB or with 2x 8 GB.

The LED CODE is

ID Blue LED = off STATUS LED= on

XOXO OXXO

I read the document and that LED combination was not in there.

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Do you get the same type of beeps if you removed the modules altogether? Please provide the model numbers of the memory modules you are using.

0 Kudos
EComi
Beginner

No, i receive different beeps, they are always 3 beeps but more slow.

The memory is Kingston 8GB 2Rx8 PC3 - 10600E - 9 - 12 - E3

KVR1333D3E9S/8G

Do u want other data?

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

I checked the specifications of the memory and it meets the criteria for supported memory. At this point, I would recommend contacting our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel Customer Support team for proper follow up of this case.

0 Kudos
SUddi
Beginner

I am also facing the same status on S1200BTL

XOXO OXXO

May i know the solution please.

0 Kudos
VPolu
Beginner

I have the same issue. Can somebody tell about solution? Thank you!

0 Kudos