Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S1200BTL LED Code error

idata
Employee

Hi there,

I recently built a new server using the Intel S1200BTL motherboard with a Xeon E3 CPU.

On this board is a Adaptec 6805E RAID controller which has 4 Seagate Enterprise SAS drives,

The issue I am having from the get go is no boot / no display - nothing. The fans all spin but I get nothing from the system. I have tried disconnecting everything except one stick RAM, Front Panel and PSU but the same condition applies.

Looking at the LED Diagnostic I see:

OOOO XXXO and a little orange LED flashing

This would indicate 0xF1 code : PEIM which detected User recovery Condition (I think)

What is this and how can I fix it so I can boot the board? Nothing I try seems to work....

Can anyone give some advice?

Cheers

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

From the LED pattern your board is in BIOS recovery mode. Can you check the BIOS recovery jumper at J1F3? It's between the PCH and SATA ports. It should have a jumper at pins 1-2 for normal operation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Edward,

Yes I have checked and double checked the position of the jumper and it is fine.

I have tried it on pins 2 and 3 as well but no change.

I would expect to see a BIOS screen or some output from the video though - currently nothing.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

What's the PBA# of your board, and what's the model of processor and memory you're using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

PBA - E98681-352

Xeon E3-1230 3.3Ghz

Kingston KVR1333D3N9K3 2 x 4Gb (non ecc)

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Non-ECC memory is not supported. See http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032418.htm Tested memory and hardware list.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Edward,

I did have Kingston KVR1333D3S4R9S/4GI at the start but got 3 long beeps.

Seems I missed the supported memory as neither of the Kingston appears on the list.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

KVR1333D3S4R9S/4GI is registered DIMM, which is not supported either. You'll need unbuffered ECC DIMM.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Edward - back to the drawing board for me I think :-)

0 Kudos