Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S1200BTL - RMM4 module installed but showing "Not Present" in bios

idata
Employee

Hi All

I have a S1200BTL powered server that I have installed a RMM4 module. When entering the bios, I can set and IP address for the BMC and RMM4, but the RMM4 says "Not present".

I have tried removing the main module and installing the RMM4Lite (the tiny little chip) but it still says "not present".

Is there anything else I need to do? I have followed the installation documentation very closely and it seems all I need to do is install the module and it will autodetect, then assign an IP in the bios.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jono

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

You have to have the RMM4Lite installed, and do a firmware update, before it will show up in the BIOS, if I recall correctly.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I flashed the Bios with the latest version while the RMM4 module was installed, and it still says that it is not present.

Do I need to have both the RMM4 module and RMM4 Lite modules installed at the same time?

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

I would install both prior to flashing.

The RMMlite is all than "should" be needed, but better to have the hardware fully installed.

Did you flash the BMC code? RMM firmware resides in this piece of the code.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

II've updated to the latest bios again but it is still showing up as "not present".

Any more ideas? I really need to get this working.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Might be a faulty unit. We had something similar on a hosted box once and they replaced the RMM.

0 Kudos