Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

S1200BTL shuts down immediately

idata
Employee

Hello,

I've just bought a new S1200BTL and installed an Xeon E3 1230V2 CPU. The motherboard is of the required revision (-352?) to support the V2 CPU. I have Kingston KVR1333D3E9SK2/8G RAM installed.

When I press the power switch the fans start turning, but then immediately stops. The system led is blinking green, and the blue location led is also blinking green. None of the status leds are on, and no beeping. There is no beeping even if I remove all of the RAM.

I have an Antec Earthwatts 450W PSU and the 12V CPU connector is inserted.

Any ideas on what to check next? Does the chassis intrusion switch have to be connected? I don't have it on my chassis

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Sorry, the blue location led is ofcourse blinkng blue

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is the 1230V2 supported on the S1200BTL board? Some people say you have to use the S1200BTLR board, but in the manual it says V2 CPUs are supported on my board...

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Yes -352 board does support v2 processor. However your memory is not on the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032418.htm Tested memory and hardware list.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok, but it's the correct type of memory? I think it was used in a server build on newegg I found.

This problem does not seem to be related to the memory though, since there is no differance if I remove all the memory modules and try to start.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I would take the board out of the chassis and see if it boots. Check if the standoffs are in correct position.

0 Kudos