Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

S1200BTLR RMM4LITE inconsistent video output

idata
Community Manager

Hi - I have a brand new S1200BTLR installed with an RMM4LITE so I can enable the remote KVM features.

However, the Video part of the Keyboard, Video and Mouse often is blank. I have to quit the Java application, re-connect to to see anything after video modes switch. This happens routinely after I press F2 to get to the BIOS settings, then again once the system starts booting and the console messages appear.

Is there any solution to this? I'm running on a Mac OS X Mountain Lion laptop with the latest Java 7 (I have to, Apple keeps disabling anything older).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

I have seen different results with different browsers. Chrome, and Firefox version 15 and earlier seem to work best. Which browsers have you tried?

idata
Community Manager

Chrome, Safari (6.0.4), Firefox (20.0).

However, I've had no issues with actually downloading the jviewer.jnlp and executing it. Java 7 (64-bit) starts up fine; it just doesn't work consistently.

I've been reading that some people have had success with the CD-ROM feature only on Java 6 32-bit. However, since I'm running on a current Mac OS X I have no real options for downgrading my Java 6 to 32-bit, since Java 7 is required for a lot of my other management applications and Oracle does not make a 32-bit version of Java 7 for Mac.