Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

S1200BTLR boot halt

idata
Employee

The motherboard S1200BTLR (Xeon E1220-v2) will work properly. Somehow once again I took it and turned it on. BIOS splash screen displays and indicators on the rear panel indicate the status 0xA3h (IDE Detect). Next, nothing happens, the button F2 does not respond. The motherboard does not hang. How to cure?

Alexandr (using Google translator).

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

First, try it with one processor, no memory, no hard drives, and no add-in cards, and make sure you get three beeps. Then add the memory, test, and keep adding one thing at a time to see what might be interfering.

idata
Employee

Problem solved. Changed the motherboard. The same thing. Moved the memory of the first connector in the second. The motherboard is working properly.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have exact the same issue with 2 motherboards, one has a Intel E3-1230 and the other one a E3-1240, both of them are using Kingston 16GB PC3 10600 ECC - KVR13E9K2/161 kit. Both motherboards on the rear panel indicate on the LED status 0xA3h (IDE Detect), wondering if this is BIOS / firmware issue, or is it that I have 2 faulty motherboards?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Did you try to boot the server with minimal configuration (only CPU, one DIMM, no SATA devices connected)? I suspect it's related to memory... Is it possible that you try DIMMs on the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032418.htm Tested memory and hardware list?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@ Edward; I tried what you said, only 1 DIMM, actually that was the only way I could boot to the BIOS. I then run the "Intel® Server Board S1200BTL/S1200BTLRM Firmware Update Package for EFI", turn it off, then put the other DIMM back on the board and problem solved. Thank you!!

0 Kudos