Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S1200BTS CPU fan installation

KSchw5
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to install a Big Shuriken 2B on my S1200BTS, but it requires the use of a supplied backplate. I can't seem to remove the backplate that is mounted on the board, so I can't use my new CPU fan.

Is it possible to remove the backplate from the board, or do I need to get a different CPU fan?

Thanks in advance,

Kai

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KSchw5
Beginner

After this has been resolved with Intel Support I can shed some light on this.

As it turns out I was sold the rack version of the S1200BTS, which has a backplate glued onto the backside of the board.

Although it is not recommended by Intel to try and remove the backside it is possible if you are careful.

The heatsink fits nicely to the board.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Xendor, I will move this thread to the server's community in order to get assistance on your question.

Regards,

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

You should be able to remove the backplate support for the heatsink. I could not find any previous records about other customers using your heatsink with this board model.

0 Kudos
KSchw5
Beginner

After this has been resolved with Intel Support I can shed some light on this.

As it turns out I was sold the rack version of the S1200BTS, which has a backplate glued onto the backside of the board.

Although it is not recommended by Intel to try and remove the backside it is possible if you are careful.

The heatsink fits nicely to the board.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos