Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

S1200BTS VGA compatible?

MSima3
Beginner

I try add VGA Card GeForce210 1G or ATI HD4650 512M GDDR3 on S1200BTS, but PCIe x16 used as a x8 link on this board can't detect the VGA card?

The manual says, if processor used ivy bridge series, the PCI-E x16 change to Gen3. this is problem?

My Spec:

E3-1220v2, 2x2G DDR ECC.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Hi,

Used many VGA cards on this board and all work (as x8). You tried to disable VGA onboard (in BIOS) ? Tried to play with maximize memory below 4GB and other settings around this BIOS setting?

0 Kudos
MSima3
Beginner

Thanks Blitz for the reply before.

My O/S is Win XP Pro, maybe this the problem.

On Device manager i found (?) string on Xeon(R) processor E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port - 0151. This symptom like thread

When you tried to disable VGA onboard, the signal to monitor is gone, completely disable (see manual):

3.7.1.2 Dual Video

The BIOS supports both single-video and dual-video modes. The dual-video mode is disabled

by default.

* In the single mode (dual monitor video = disabled), the on-board video controller is

disabled when an add-in video card is detected.

* In single mode, the onboard video controller is disabled when an add-in video card

is detected. Warning: System video is completely disabled if this option is disabled and an add-in video

adapter is not installed.

* In dual mode, the onboard video controller is enabled and is the primary video device.

The external video card is allocated resources and is considered the secondary video device.

thats why I'm just enable/disable dual display on BIOS. I will try enable Maximize Memory below 4G.

0 Kudos
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Hi,

To make sure - you are using S1200BTSR (latest PBAs) right ? Original S1200BTS does not support IvB (means you have PBA E98683-352 or higher, BIOS revision 35 or later)

0 Kudos
MSima3
Beginner

I'm used PBAs E98683-352 and BIOS already upgraded to revision 40.

VGA on board is normal.

The problem is, the secondary VGA on PCIe is not detect. I was tried with 2 VGA different. (ATI and Nvidia).

0 Kudos